Professional Teeth Whitening: Facts, Types, And Benefits
Teeth Whitening near you uses bleaching products to remove stains from the teeth. Age, medications, lifestyle, and poor oral hygiene can discolor your teeth. Fortunately, there are teeth whitening methods that can improve your teeth’ shade.
Professional teeth whitening is a safe and effective treatment method for brightening your smile. The treatment is usually customized to suit a patient’s needs. What are the professional teeth whitening methods?
Read on to find out.
Professional Whitening Methods
Hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide are the bleaching agents suitable for teeth whitening in Jackson. The bleaching agents can break down tooth stains at the molecular level. Although store-bought home kits contain peroxide, there are not as safe and effective as professional teeth whitening.
There are two types of professional teeth whitening – in-office and customized trays.
In-office whitening is a safe procedure that produces results in a short time. The teeth whitening procedure does not take more than an hour. A dentist uses a bleaching gel on your teeth during the procedure and hardens the gel with a high-intensity light.
During an in-office whitening procedure, your dentist will polish your tooth and remove plaque. Afterward, the dentist will keep your mouth open using certain tools. Next, the dentist carefully applies the whitening gel to your teeth and leaves it for about an hour. in addition, the dentist will activate the gel using a special light.
After completing the whitening process, your dentist will rinse your mouth and apply fluoride to reduce sensitivity. The dentist near you should discuss how to maintain your whitening results with you and teeth-staining food and drinks you should avoid.
Customized Take-Home Trays
Although in-office whitening is safe and effective, it is expensive. Also, with the whitening trays, you have to be diligent to get the best results.
Before getting a tray, a dentist near you will take an impression of your teeth to customize the tray according to your needs. The tray fits perfectly in your mouth, giving the bleaching gel enough contact.
Although home trays are not as effective as in-office whitening, it is safe, preventing sensitivity and gum inflammation.
Benefits Of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening can give you a bright smile, enhancing your self-esteem. Because teeth whitening near you removes stains, it improves your oral health and reduces the risk of cavities and gum disease. Furthermore, with professional teeth whitening, you get a customized treatment that suits your needs. The procedure is fast, giving long-lasting results.
Facts About Teeth Whitening
- The teeth have pores. Therefore, it absorbs the colors from teeth staining foods like coffee, red wine, and dark colored foods.
- Teeth sensitivity after a whitening procedure is normal. Teeth Whitening dehydrates the teeth, making it sensitive. Nevertheless, the sensitivity disappears within 12 and 36 hours.
- Teeth whitening in Jackson is safe and does not damage the teeth. Whitening products enter the teeth pores to lift stains.
- You can’t remove stains overnight. There’s no whitening product on the market that can give immediate results. Usually, the teeth whitening process takes between four days to several months to remove years of stain.
- Dental crowns and veneers cannot be whitened.
- After whitening your teeth, the pores will be open and more susceptible to staining. Therefore, it is best to whiten your teeth at night before bed to allow your teeth rehydrate and reduce chances of staining.
Teeth whitening in Jackson can remove discolorations to make your smile appear bright. Although in-office tooth whitening is more expensive, it is safer and more effective. Professional teeth whitening is also safe and effective.
At Iocca Family Dentistry, there are dentists available to brighten your smile. Kindly schedule an appointment for a tooth whitening procedure today.