Oral Surgery in Jackson, MI
Here at Iocca Family Dentistry, we prefer to explore conservative treatment options as a first resort. However, if these non-invasive treatments aren’t sufficient in addressing a patient’s needs, then our dentists near you may recommend oral surgery in Jackson, MI.
Oral surgery ranges from simple, basic procedures such as wisdom teeth extraction to more complex surgeries, e.g., bone grafting and corrective jaw surgery.
We welcome you to Iocca Family Dentistry to experience our wide range of carefully selected oral surgical interventions.
Types of Oral Surgery
- Tooth extraction. Teeth can be extracted surgically if they’re trapped in the bone or broken at the gumline. To perform a surgical extraction, our dentists in Jackson, MI, access the tooth through a small incision in the gums. They may also have to cut through the bone tissue to reach the trapped tooth.
- Dental implant surgery. Implants are installed in the jawbone during a surgical process that involves cutting through the gum tissue and drilling holes in the jawbone.
- Surgical root canal or apicoectomy. Our dentists may recommend a surgical root canal if a simple or non-surgical root canal doesn’t effectively eliminate the diseased dental pulp. Apicoectomy is a common form of surgical root canal treatment that involves cutting off the tip of the tooth root.
- Facial reconstruction. Trauma can break the jaw, facial bones and cause tooth loss. When this happens, you may require facial reconstruction undertaken in the form of multiple surgeries.
- Biopsy. A biopsy test is a minimally invasive form of oral surgery that involves obtaining tissue or cells for in-depth investigation under a microscope. Biopsies are usually required if the dentist detects questionable signs during an oral cancer screening.
- Sleep apnea surgical treatment. Sometimes, sleep apnea patients may require surgery. Sleep apnea surgery usually involves apnea removing excess soft palate tissue to eliminate nighttime airway obstruction.
- Bone grafting. Bone grafting rebuilds bone tissue, allowing the installation of dental implants.
What to Expect
At Iocca Family Dentistry, we understand the apprehension that many patients experience when faced with the prospect of oral surgery. However, we want to assure you that oral surgery near you is nothing to be scared of. Our dentists take time to develop treatment plans that are best suited to your needs. We also offer appropriate anesthesia and sedation during your procedure and unwavering support during your healing and recovery period.
If you’re seeking a trusted dental office well-versed in oral surgery in Jackson, MI, please call Iocca Family Dentistry today.